“I know you read the paper the one that they call the queen, every radio round the world know me cause that’s where I be” –Beyonce (Diva)
In honor of Beyonce turning 30 this year, here are 30 reasons why she is the queen.
1. She has sold over 75 million records worldwide making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
2. She has had over 5 #1 singles
3. She is lead singer of one of the most successful girl groups of all time.
4. Her song “Crazy In Love” is listed on Rolling Stone Magazine’s Greatest Songs of All Time.
5. BET recognized her as the second most influential artist of the decade.
6. In 2010, VH1 listed her on its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
7. She is listed by Forbes Magazine as one of the Most Powerful and Influential Celebrities in the World.
8. She has influenced artists such as Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Ciara, Miley Cyrus, Leona Lewis, and Alexandra Burke.
9. She was honored as Billboard Magazine’s Woman of the Year in 2009.
10. She won the Pop Songwriter of the Year award at the 2001 American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (A.S.C.A.P.) Pop Awards, becoming the first African-American female and second female songwriter of all time to accomplish the feat.
11. She made Grammy history in 2010 by winning 6 awards in one night, in total she has 13 Grammys as a solo artist.
12. She has performed with legends such as Tina Turner, Prince, and the late Luther Vandross.
13. She had the honor of singing at the Presidential Inauguration Ball for Barack Obama and Michelle Obama’s first dance as the first African-American couple.
14. She is the first non-athlete/non-model to be featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
15. She has several wax figures at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in cities such as NY, D.C., Amsterdam, Bankok, and Hollywood.
16. B for Bootylicious: The word was made so popular by Destiny’s Child song that ‘Bootylicious’ has been added to the Oxford English Dictionary.
17. She is married to one of the kings of rap.
18. The video for her hit song “Single Ladies” has been parodied and re-done many times by people on Youtube, and most famously covered by hollywood and broadway legend Liza Minelli in the movie “Sex And The City 2”
19. She is a fashion and style icon.
20. She has over 7 endorsements.
21. She has her own clothing line “House Of Dereon”
22. She has her own fragrance “Heat”
23. She has been praised for her live vocal performances.
24. She has been compared with the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
25. She gave up her acceptance speech time so Taylor Swift could do hers at the MTV VMAS in 2009.
26. Instead of spending it, she donated the money from her performance for dictator Col. Gaddafi to charity.
27. In 2010, she and her mother opened the Beyonce Cosmetology Center at the Brooklyn Phoenix House which provides cosmetology training courses for men and women.
28. She has toured over 51 cities around the world.
29. She produced, directed, and edited her own concert film “Iam…World Tour.”
30. To date, she has had no public feud with any person/celeb digitally (Twitter) or in person.
She has accomplished all this and she is not even 30 yet. To the lovers, keep loving and going h.a.m. for her. To the haters stop hating and read her bio, read her wikkipedia, you might get inspired. Lovers and Haters, salute the queen.